Hot Chocolate with Cocoa Powder
This hot chocolate recipe is very chocolatey thanks to the use of dark cocoa powder. If you like it a little less intense use regular cocoa powder instead. Make it non-dairy by using your favorite milk alternative.
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened extra dark cocoa powder or regular cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla sugar or plain sugar
- pinch salt optional
- 1 cup milk may use any variation in the notes below
Blend the cocoa, sugar, and salt together in a mug.
Add 2 tablespoons of the milk and stir to make a smooth paste.
Heat up the remaining milk in the microwave or in a saucepan.
Pour into the mug blending with the cocoa paste until all the lumps are gone.
Garnish as desired.
You can also blend this in the blender or use a frother to make it frothy.
- Don't let the ingredients come to a boil - bubbles should just form around the edge.
- Use any kind of milk you like (coconut, almond, rice, whole, skim, etc)
- Use 3/4 cup whole milk and 1/4 cup half and half for extra richness.
- Chocolate shavings
- White chocolate curls
- Chocolate curls
- Crushed candy canes
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Oreo crumbs
Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 474mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 395IU | Calcium: 289mg | Iron: 1mg